We Speak Spanish, Hindi, French,
Italian, Portuguese, Arabic and Other Languages

info@mdimmigrationattorney.com | Call Us: 410-321-4994
Call Us: 410-321-4994
The Immigration Team of Miranda & Weisman

Comprehensive Immigration Solutions
Launching Your
American Dream

Am I eligible to travel to the U.S.?

If you are a citizen of a foreign nation thinking about visiting the United States you will generally need to obtain a visitor visa.  A visitor visa is issued for a temporary stay in the country.  These types of visas are non-immigrant visas and are typically granted to individuals who want to visit the U.S. on a temporary basis for business or pleasure.  Individuals from certain nations may be exempt from the visitor visa requirement under the Visa Waiver Program.  This program allows citizens of participating nations to travel to the U.S. for up to 90 days without having to obtain a B1 or B2 visitor visa.

The B-1 category visa is used for foreign visitors who want to enter the country on a temporary basis for business activities that are commercial or professional in nature. If you are granted a B-1 visa, you will not be authorized to engage in employment or labor for hire in the U.S.

B-1 permissible activities include:

You can learn more about these and other permissible business activities under the B1 program by reviewing the Visitor for Business - B-1 section of our Baltimore immigration law firm website.

The B-2 visitor for pleasure visa is generally issued to foreign individuals who want to visit the U.S. for certain temporary activities, including tourism, vacations/holidays, visits with relatives and friends, amateur participation (unpaid) in athletic or entertainment events, medical treatments, participation in certain social events, enrollment in a short course of study not offering credit towards a degree.  Similar to the B-1 visitor for business visa, under the B-2 category you will not be permitted to accept an offer of employment or work while you are visiting the U.S.

In order to secure a B-1 or B-2 visitor visa, you will need to demonstrate that you meet a number of specific qualification requirements, including:

If you have questions about these eligibility requirements, a skilled attorney at our Baltimore immigration law firm can help.  Additionally, should you want to travel to the United States for reasons that fall outside of B-1 or B-2 visa categories, including studying in the U.S., our firm will review your situation to determine if you are eligible to visit the U.S under a different visa category.

At Miranda & Weisman, we appreciate that applying for a visitor visa can be a confusing process, particularly if you are doing so for the first time.  Our Baltimore immigration law firm is committed to making the visa process as easy as possible for you.  We will assist you with your application and carefully guide you through all steps in the process.  Our legal professionals can also help you prepare for any required visa interviews and make certain that you have all of the documents necessary to complete your application.