We Speak Spanish, Hindi, French,
Italian, Portuguese, Arabic and Other Languages

info@mdimmigrationattorney.com | Call Us: 410-321-4994
Call Us: 410-321-4994
The Immigration Team of Miranda & Weisman

Comprehensive Immigration Solutions
Launching Your
American Dream

Spouses of U.S. Citizens (K-2 Visa)

United States immigration laws are designed to make it possible to keep families together and to provide your family the opportunity to live the American dream. United States citizens may sponsor their close relatives in order to come and live in the U.S. and start on the path to becoming green card holders and perhaps even naturalized citizens.

Certain family members are given preference over others because there are a limited number of people who can immigrate to the United States each year. In most cases, for example, spouses of U.S. citizens are given a very high priority and almost always will be able to come to live in this country and eventually seek an adjustment of status to become a permanent resident.  Fiancés may also come and live in the U.S. on a temporary basis to provide time for marriage, while children of both fiancés and spouses are also welcome.

Determining the right approach to take toward your family-based immigration can be complicated as you will need to complete the appropriate forms and provide documentation to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  An experienced Maryland fiancé visa attorney at Miranda & Weisman can represent you. Our attorneys are proud to help make the immigration law work so families can begin together living happily ever after in the United States.

How a Maryland Immigration Lawyer Can Help Spouses of U.S. Citizens

There are a variety of different ways that a U.S. citizen can bring their husband or wife to live in this country and a Maryland immigration lawyer will help you select the best option for your circumstances. For example:

In many cases when a couple gets married, children are already in the picture.  The immigration process also must take these young people into account so they are not separated from their parents.  A K-2 visa is available for unmarried children under the age of 21 when the child’s parents come to this country to be married.  The definition of “children” for immigration purposes can include adopted kids as well as kids who are born to couples out of wedlock who are now married.

Getting Help from a Maryland Fiancé Visa Attorney

It is essential for the family-based immigration system to work effectively to keep your family together. A Maryland fiancé visa attorney at Miranda & Weisman will assist you throughout the process in your dealings with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) so you have the best chance of success.  Call today to learn more about how we can help: 410-321-4994