We Speak Spanish, Hindi, French,
Italian, Portuguese, Arabic and Other Languages

info@mdimmigrationattorney.com | Call Us: 410-321-4994
Call Us: 410-321-4994
The Immigration Team of Miranda & Weisman

Comprehensive Immigration Solutions
Launching Your
American Dream

Performers and Athletes (P-1,2,3)

A Short-Term Work Visa Law Firm

Outstanding performers, entertainment companies, athletes or athletic teams may be eligible to obtain a short-term U.S. work visa to come and perform work for a U.S. employer.  The short-term work visa is a P-1, P-2 or P-3 visa depending on the reason for the performer or athlete to enter the United States.

P-1, P-2 and P-3 visas make it possible for you to share your talent while engaging in exciting work opportunities in the United States.  Miranda & Weisman represents both performers and athletes as well as U.S. employers who want to sponsor professionals to bring their skills to the U.S.

Call today to speak with a member of our legal team and learn more about how a Maryland short-term work visa lawyer can help open up the door to exciting short-term work within the United States. We can be reached at 410-321-4994.

How a Short-Term Work Visa Attorney Can Help You Obtain a P Visa

A P-1, P-2 or P-3 visa can be granted relatively quickly and will vest permission in an athlete or performer to work legally in the United States.  The individual or group who comes to the U.S. on a P-visa must work for the employer who sponsored him. If he or she changes jobs they are required to obtain a new visa.

A P visa is granted for a specific period of time to ensure that the performer or athlete can complete a season, tour or event. Generally, performers are allowed to stay within the United States for a maximum of one year on an initial visa application, although athletes admitted on a P-1 visa may stay for as long as five years initially and can obtain an additional five year extension.

P-visa holders can travel into the United States and abroad for as long as the visa is valid. In addition, their spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 can come to this country to accompany them.  P-visas provide freedom and opportunity to do great things in the U.S. but you must ensure that specific eligibility criteria is met, including being internationally recognized in their field and qualifying under the definition of “athlete” or “performer.”

Athletes, for example, must either have an internationally recognized reputation or must be on a team that does. Proof of participation in a major sports league; an international competition; or a U.S. college in an intercollegiate competition may be used to demonstrate that a person meets the definition of an athlete for P-visas.

Entertainers, on the other hand, are eligible to come to the U.S. as members of a group that has been performing regularly and that will take a leading role in productions or events with a distinguished reputation or for an organization with a distinguished reputation.

Contact a Maryland Immigration Lawyer Today

There are many specific qualifying requirements for P-visas. In order to fully understand and protect your rights as a foreign performer or athlete in the United States, you should consult an attorney.

Miranda & Weisman has helped many clients with P-visas enter the United States to do the work they love in a country that appreciates their skills and ability.  Call today to speak with a Maryland immigration lawyer who will help you throughout the process of obtaining a P visa. We can be reached online or at 410-321-4994.